Friday, July 17, 2009

The Days Before THE DAYS BEFORE

Hi guys, in case you didn't hear, I'm now writing for both Creative Screenwriting AND Script magazines now! Your intrepid Coverage Ink and Writers on the Storm founder (me) is now the dispenser of sage wisdom in every major screenwriting magazine! Gag, okay, that sounded ridiculously full of myself. In all seriousness, it's very cool to be working for both magazines. I'm continuing with my long-running AGENT'S HOT SHEET at Creative Screenwriting, bring my panel of industry-leading agents and managers to you every month. And for Script, I'm doing special assignment articles with a heavy biz focus.

My first piece in Script is called The Days Before THE DAYS BEFORE, and it chronicles how this old-school big money spec sale went down. It's a wonderful Cinderella story about how writer Chad St. John sold his sci fi time travel actioner THE DAYS BEFORE. It's nice to know that regular guys like Chad (and you and me) still have a shot out there, even if our script is going in cold to a buyer with no attachments, no heat, no nothin'! The article is in the current issue of Script, on newsstands now. Check it out! (PS: Sorry, it's not posted online. This here be old-fashioned print journalism.)

Jim Cirile
founder, Coverage Ink
Writers on the Storm

No comments: