Sunday, May 07, 2006

That's a Wrap!


It's all over except the shouting.

As I write this, it's 12:15 AM on May 7th. Writers on the Storm is now officially closed. The contest exceeded all our expectations. We blew past the number of entries of most first-year contests (with plenty more to arrive by mail over the next couple of days) and quite a few established ones. That's good news for everybody--it means that the industry will sit up and take note, and it also means that we'll be able to bring Writers on the Storm back to you again next year, bigger, badder and beefier.

But the best news of all is that our coordinators tell me that they have been blown away by the quality of the submissions overall. According to coordinator Portia Jefferson, our ratio of good scripts to so-so ones is much better than any other contest she's ever worked on. Hopefully this means you guys are true students of the craft, always striving to improve--and the results are on the page.

Right now we're in the process of reading all the submissions. This is going to take a bit of time since we have to provide mini-analysis on each submission. But we still plan on announcing quarterfinalists on 5/31. Check this blog or www.writerstorm.com for updates.

So from the WOTS/Coverage Ink team to everyone who entered--a hearty THANK YOU for helping to make Writers on the Storm a smash hit. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to e-mail us at wotscompetition@aol.com.

You guys rock!

--Jim Cirile

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, when I win, when and how do I get my money? Not that I'm GREEDY or anything, but I could use that MONEY! Okay, so maybe I might not win. But I really really really want to, so that must count, right? I've never won anything. Okay, must go take my meds

Anonymous said...

I got my script in at 11:53 Saturday night!

Anonymous said...

I sent in 5 scripts. I have never entered A contest before but I figure who knows? Somebody'as got to like one of them right?